Motivation Over Mess
A 4-Week Group for Creating Change in Your Cluttered Spaces
DATES TBA – Please inquire if interested
Wednesday Evenings from 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Get PUMPED to DUMP your excess stuff!
Feel REVVED to SHRED that paper!
It’s OKAY to let some things GO AWAY!
Elspeth Bell, Ph.D., a hoarding specialist, incorporates MOTIVATION BUILDING techniques with her in-depth understanding of excessive clutter to help individuals get ENERGIZED to CHALLENGE their clutter interferes with their lives. This group uses research-supported Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) strategies to:
- educate about types of motivation,
- understand the reasons why there doesn’t seem to be motivation,
- build an internal conversation that is constructive not undermining,
- and create strategies to coach yourself to face a cluttered environment.
Topics addressed include:
- Finding reasons to declutter that are in line with your priorities
- Building your readiness to change how you relate to your stuff
- Collaborating with others to help reach your goals
- Developing compassion for yourself
- Strategies for letting go and getting organized
Seats are limited so please reserve your spot by December 31st!
Fees: $400 for the 4-session group. Check with your insurance about possible coverage.
To register for this group or to request further information regarding Hoarding Disorder and clutter-related services, please call Dr. Bell at 410-480-8052